With the recent local and national response to COVID-19, we at Sunset Funeral Homes are implementing changes to our services and daily operations as a funeral provider for the El Paso area to comply with all governmental and CDC regulations. Sunset Funeral Homes will remain open and continue to provide funeral services at our four locations in El Paso to serve the needs of our community. We are currently conducting enhanced and more frequent cleaning procedures at all of our locations as recommended by the CDC. Keeping the families that we serve and our employees safe is of the utmost importance to us, thus we will be implementing the following changes effective immediately.
- Funeral arrangement meetings in person at Sunset Funeral Homes locations will be limited to two people per meeting, not including the Funeral Director. Arrangements by phone and email are also available.
- Obituaries distributed by Sunset Funeral Homes in print and online will not include service information such as dates and times.
- All funeral services including but not limited to visitations, religious services, and celebrations of life conducted at Sunset Funeral Homes locations will be held during daytime hours of operation and limited to a duration time of two hours maximum.
- Attendees for funeral services at Sunset Funeral Homes locations will be limited to ten people at a time per service. Funeral service attendees may enter the funeral home in groups of no more than ten at different times at the discretion of the next of kin and funeral home staff.
- Items including register books will be temporarily unavailable during funeral services. Items may still be purchased and will be received by the next of kin/purchaser.
- Time will be incorporated between each funeral service/arrangement meeting at all Sunset Funeral Homes locations for proper cleaning and disinfection of lobby areas, chapels, arrangement offices and restrooms.
- In addition to these implementations, we would like to inform our client families of the following situations which are out of our control that may affect funeral services.
- Documentation timelines – due to existing and possible future restrictions on local government office operations, a delay in receiving documentation including but not limited to cremation clearances and death certificates is expected.
- Clergy availability – due to the decision of local religious organizations to suspend funeral services at their own facilities, low availability of clergy for funeral services is expected. Catholic Diocese of El Paso has suspended Funeral Masses as of March 18, 2020. Other religious organizations may also have set certain regulations on Funeral Rites.
We will continue to monitor announcements made by the government and the CDC to ensure that we are in compliance with regulations and taking necessary steps to continue serving our community safely. We are committed to continuing to provide the highest level of service and placing the well-being of our employees and those that we serve first. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 915-594-4424.
Sunset Funeral Homes Management